At this time, the entrance to the hospital faced East. Highway 5 is in the background surrounded by agricultural fields. (Manually enlarge the images to see fine detail)
The original hospital has grown to three stories and has multiple additions over the years.
This image was taken from the roof of the 1895 Public School Building in the early 1900's. The Lake House is in the center on Main Street with Lake Waconia Peninsula in the background. The Flour Mill on the lake shore above right burned down in 1920.
This image was taken from the roof of the 1895 Public School Building in the early 1900's. The North Star Hotel is the brick building in the center of the image, along Main Street. Coney Island of the West is in the background.
This image was taken from the roof of the 1895 Public School Building in the early 1900's. Looking down 1st Street with the 1901 St. Joseph Catholic Church on the left with the 1908 St. Joseph Catholic School and Convent (with the small cupola) to the right of the church. The 1890 Trinity Lutheran Church is on the right of the image.
The 1908 St. Joseph School and Convent were demolished in 1999 and the Trinity Lutheran Church destroyed in 1987.
The old City Hall built in 1909 with red brick is in the center of the image.
This image was taken from the steeple of St. Joseph Catholic Church in the early 1900's. The 1890 Trinity Lutheran Church along Elm Street is seen on the right.
Trinity Lutheran Church was demolished in 1987 and replaced by the current US Postal Service Building and parking lot.
This image was taken from the cupola of St. Joseph Catholic School in the early 1900's. The 1890 Trinity Lutheran Church and School are seen left center. Elm Street is seen in the lower part of the image.
The current US Postal Service Building and parking lot now occupies the site of the Trinity Lutheran Church. The large building lower front is the Education Center of St. Joseph Catholic Church.
This image was taken from St. Joseph School Cupola sometime after the tornado of 1904 and before the construction of the 1909 City Hall. St. Joseph Catholic Church is partially seen on the right across Elm Street from the Sherman House with its bed sheets drying on lines under the trees. The 1895 Public School Building is top center. 1st Street goes past the school.
Elm Street and 1st Street intersection as it appears in 2020. The 1909 old City Hall Building is the red brick building left center.
Beattie's Bar in the center of the photo. (Photo courtesy of the Carver County Historical Society)
This was a garage building selling Hudson, Hupmobile, and Essex cars. Waconia Motor Express had a truck terminal here, hauling freight from Minneapolis to Waconia. (Photo courtesy of the Carver County Historical Society)
During remodeling of the old Waconia Bowling Lanes, the old bricked up garage entrances were revealed
The current Garage Bar and Bowl
1890 Trinity Lutheran Church. It suffered great damage from the 1904 Tornado - see section about the tornado damage to Waconia on this website. The church was demolished in 1987.
Site of the current US Post Office and parking lot.
Diessner's Drug Store lower level with Dr. Harold Nagel's 10 bed hospital in rooms adjoining the Doctor's office over the drug store at 100 West 1st Street.